On Friday 4 January 2019, the President of the Republic, His Excellency Paul BIYA signed four decrees to reshuffle the government.
Mr Dion Ngute Joseph was raised to the position of Prime Minister, Head of Government.
The following officials were also appointed:
- Minister of State, Minister of Higher Education: FAME NDONGO Jacques;
- Minister Delegate at the Presidency in charge of Public Contracts: TALBA MALLA Ibrahim;
- Minister Delegate at the Presidency of the Republic in charge of Relations with the Parliament: WAKATA Bolvine;
- Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development: MBAIROBE Gabriel;
- Minister of Arts and Culture: BIDOUNG KPWATT Pierre Ismael;
- Minister of Communication: SADI Rene;
- Minister of State Property, Surveys and Land Tenure: EYEBE AYISSI Henri;
- Minister of Basic Education: ETOUNDI NGOA Laurent Serge;
- Minister of Employment and Vocational Training: ISSA TCHIROMA Bakary;
- Minister of Housing and Urban Development: COURTES née KEUTCHA Celestine;
- Minister of Mines, Industry and Technological Development: DODO NDOKE Gabriel;
- Minister of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Social Economy and Handicrafts: BASSILEKIN III Achille;
- Minster of Public Health: MANAOUDA MALACHIE;
- Minister of Sports and Physical Education: MOUELLE KOMBI Narcisse;
- Minister Delegate at the Ministry of Justice and Keeper of the Seals: MOMO Jean de Dieu;
- Minister Delegate at the Ministry of Transport: NJOYA ZAKARIAOU;
- Minister in charge of Special Duties at the Presidency of the Republic:
- GHOGHOMU Paul MINGO;
- NDONG SOUMHET Benoit;
- Secretary of State at the Ministry of Basic Education: Kilo Vivian ASHERI;
- Minister of State, Secretary-General of the Presidency of the Republic: NGOH NGOH Ferdinand;
- Minister, Deputy Secretary-General of the Presidency of the Republic :
- ELUNG Paul CHE ;
- MOHAMADOU MOUSTAPHA.
N.B: The other Members of Government – appointed on 2 March 2018 – were maintained in their ministerial portfolios.